Fake Edible Barf!
Hi there! This page has been updated on our new website. Please click this link: http://sciborgprojects.com/2014/04/26/barf/
People were recently asked, “What’s the most disgusting thing your body does?” The number one answer was, ta dah, VOMIT! Yep, good old barf is really repulsive. However, if it weren’t for upchucking, you might not be here reading about it. Vomiting is very important because it gets rid of germs and other contaminants that your body can’t handle. So the next time you upchuck, don’t forget to thank yourself.
Now imagine barf that is not only fake, but edible…
What you need:
- frying pan
- powdered cocoa
- plastic or glass plate
- mixing bowl
- raisin bran cereal
- measuring cup
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- yellow food coloring
What you do:
- Put a fistful of oatmeal into bowl. With the spoon, crunch the oatmeal.
- Add a fistful of raisin bran cereal and crunch with the spoon.
- WARNING! GET AN ADULT!
- Got an adult? Great! Place 1/4 cup applesauce into the frying pan on medium heat.
- When the applesauce begins to bubble, add 1 packet gelatin and stir well.
- Add 1 to 2 pinches of powdered cocoa and stir thoroughly.
- Turn off heat.
- Sprinkle a small amount of the oatmeal-and-cereal mixture into the pan.
- Add 2 drops of yellow food coloring.
- Stir the mixture a bit (stir too much and the really gross chunky bits will disappear).
- With the spatula, scrape the barf into a plate.
- Spread and shape it until the barf looks real.
- Cool for several hours.
- Use spatula to remove barf from plate.
- Gross out your auntie by eating to your stomach’s delight!
The gelatin joined the applesauce and cereal bits into one mass. The cocoa powder does not add taste but changes the color of the applesauce to a lovely brown.